The mission challenge in Africa is vast. There are 900 unreached people groups and 432 million Muslims who need the truth! We believe God is raising up an African missions movement to meet this challenge. Send56 exists to serve this movement by discipling and mobilizing native African missionaries, and by creating awareness and partnership with the body of Christ globally. Raising grassroots support for African missionaries is a fundamental aspect of our mission.
We are seeking a Program Development Specialist to join our team in the US. This person would be responsible for identifying, cultivating, and stewarding current Send56 partners, as well as initiating and growing new partner relationships. The Program Development Specialist strives to match the interests of current and prospective donors with the mission and goals of the organization. Majority of time is spent prospecting for potential partners to maximize the base and to build support for the African missions’ movement. The candidate must show a passion for the vision and mission of Send56 as well as a commitment to the core values and principles of the organization.
This position maintains and cultivates relationships and provides administrative support. Responsibilities include:
- Engages donors and prospective donors in an appropriate manner and cultivates the relationships.
- Responds to inquiries as appropriate and prepares appropriate letters for specialized correspondence, monitoring and following up as needed.
- Enters and updates donor records accurately and proficiently complying with established policies and procedures and ensuring database integrity.
- Provides administrative support including preparing reports and materials, scanning, and indexing files, and responding to requests.
- Develops positive relations with partners, volunteers, organizations, and the general public.
- Cultivates and solicits donations from individuals, groups, and organizations.
- Plans, organizes, and facilitates fundraising activities (events, dinners, concerts, etc.)
- Engages in the development of marketing and materials.
- Responds to donor inquiries with accurate and timely information.
- Schedules and delivers presentations to audiences of diverse backgrounds.
- Continues to improve job-related skills through training, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s or higher degree is preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience including administrative; donor relations experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of donor relations and development practices.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Computer skills including gSuite.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experienced in working with grass-roots organizations and volunteers.
- Proven ability to interact effectively and communicate well with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Energetic with the ability to multitask.
- Experience in fundraising preferred.
- Must be available to travel at least 25% of the time domestically with occasional international travel.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, strong willingness to initiate deadlines and time frames for assignments and to follow up on all delegated activities.
- Strong record keeping skills and basic writing skills.
- Must have their own means of transportation.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
If interested please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.